Exclusive plants, unique by their sizes and forms!
Ensure a safe Fire Burn Season & Avoid Chimney Fires
Chimney sweeping in Bozeman & Big Sky is an important maintenance measure for safety. When fires burn, smoke deposits highly flammable creosote along the chimney. Sweeping a chimney removes this creosote giving you peace of mind.
A general rule suggests a chimney sweep for every 2 cords burned. Each stove or fireplace is different so an evaluation is advised.
- Stoves & Fireplaces $200
- Additional dissasembly (if needed) $25
- Big Sky Travel Charge $100
What is Creosote?
Creosote is a highly flammable substance that builds up on your chimney’s inner walls. It is the result of condensation caused by warm combustion by-products pushed up through a colder chimney. A cooler-than-normal chimney, unseasoned firewood, restricted air supply, and a long, cool fire are all factors that contribute to the buildup of creosote. If the substance is neglected and develops into stage three creosote, it becomes an extremely dangerous fire hazard for you and your family.
Why Should I Have My Chimney Swept?
It is important to have your chimney swept and inspected at least once a year to keep you and your family safe from chimney fires and carbon monoxide poisoning. A chimney sweep can also increase your homes heating efficiency by allowing proper air circulation. Let us help you prepare for inspection by sweeping your chimney free of any soot and creosote buildup, animal nests, and other debris.
Prevent Chimney Fires
Fireplaces are designed to safely contain wood and gas fueled fires, while their chimney is designed to expel the fire’s harmful by-products. When wood is burned, the hot by-products of combustion are pushed up into the chimney, where cooler air causes condensation. As a result of condensation, a sticky substance called creosote forms on the inner walls of the chimney. This highly flammable substance can then cause the chimney to ignite as it comes in contact with the fire below, forming a chimney.
Avoid Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Carbon monoxide poisoning occurs when there is so much of the gas in the air that it replaces the oxygen in your bloodstream, causing tissue damage and possibly death. Your body can become overexposed to carbon monoxide when your chimney becomes blocked and cannot release a fire’s toxins. This blockage is typically caused by a buildup of creosote, twigs and leaves, animal nests, and even the animals that call them home.
Promotes Efficient Heating
Having your chimney swept can also dramatically improve your fireplace’s heating efficiency. The soot and creosote that build up from burned wood can limit the airflow into your fireplace, causing the wood to burn less effectively. This insufficient amount of oxygen decreases the heat of the burn, subsequently increasing your heating bills and the amount of wood you need to burn.